About Me

My photo
Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
Join me on my eternal quest to find the easiest way to lose weight!

Monday, 11 May 2015

It's Been a While

Forgive me, readers, for I have sinned. It has been five weeks since my last post. And this blog was supposed to be my accountability mechanism!


However, I have good news to report. I've avoided the scales completely (and will continue to do so) but I press ganged my trainer into measuring me on Saturday morning. The last time he took my measurements was on January 26th. I'll be honest, I was nervous, but I knew that I had to be smaller. I mean, I'm almost down two dress sizes. Yes, I'm at that awkward in-between stage, and I'll be honest, the smaller sizes are really only in those shops who are generously sized (ie Next and M&S)... So, the tape measure came out, I sucked myself in as much as I could, crossed my fingers and found... that I'd lost 11 and 3/4 inches!!! Five of those inches were from my lower abs, my least favourite bit, and only 1/2 an inch from that was from my boobs!


The feeling of elation was indescribable but, as my friend so delicately put it, the look on my face was one of pure disbelief and gormlessness!


So, after spectacularly falling off the wagon in London last weekend (but it was a planned falling off the wagon, so I don't mind too much), it has taken me a week to get back on track. However, the measurements have demonstrated that what I am doing is working, so it is with renewed vigour this Monday morning that I am putting myself back on track firmly!


So, what changes am I going to make this week. Well, for starters, I'm back on my clean eating with a vengeance. No more sugary treats. I have nine weeks and six days until we fly out to Venice, and I want to look gorgeous on that ship!


Secondly, I'm trying fruit detox water. All this means is that I have fruit infusing in my drinking water. I've read a few articles on it and it is supposed to help cleanse your system. If nothing else, it makes plain drinking water a little more bearable. I've ordered an infusion bottle rather than having the lemon slices (today's fruit of choice) just floating around in my water bottle.


Thirdly, I've joined a Clean Eating group on Facebook and taking on a 28 day challenge. I know I'm going to have a couple of issues towards the end of the month when I'm in Manchester for examiner training, but as long as I can keep it going until then, I'm convinced I'll be fine.


Lastly, I've got a fitness activity planned in for every night this week. I will beat the fat out of this body if it is the last thing I do!!


See, I'm just as human as everyone else. I have good days, bad days, and really really crappy days. But I've dusted myself off and I'm determined to do this.


Wish me luck?

No comments:

Post a Comment