About Me

My photo
Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
Join me on my eternal quest to find the easiest way to lose weight!

Thursday, 19 January 2017

An Urge to Start Again

I miss blogging.


There, I said it. I miss pouring out nothingness onto the page and watching it take the shape of something unexpected, something partially interesting, something I like to look back on. It might be ramblings about nothing. It might turn into something significant and meaningful. It might be an account of what I ate yesterday. Who knows? Who cares?


So why did I stop?


The usual, I'm guessing - time, inclination, nothing to say... I'm trying now, however, to take this blog in a slightly new direction. I've been reading a lot of blogs lately that focus on reviewing and travel and just trying different things. I want to do that! Maybe it is an attempt to change things for me. Maybe it is simply the proverbial kick up the backside I need.


I'm due next year to hit a milestone birthday. That has got me thinking a lot recently about where I am and what I'm doing. It seems recently that, albeit sometimes subconsciously, I've started to care less about what others think and certainly to care less for the rubbish that is often spouted by others. I've come to realise, though, that this is possibly going to cost me friends (and consequently, my social life)! However, it also made me appreciate those I do have close to me a lot more.


Next weekend, I'm off on what has now become an annual trip with my best friend. And she is my best friend. We've known each other longer than either of us cares to remember; we've had our ups and downs but know that nothing is as important as how we feel about each other; I know she's a keeper!


So, next weekend, we're hitting the streets of London. I'm guessing, one of the reasons I've restarted blogging is that I want to keep a lasting record of the trip. It's a little bit of glamour for us; it's a moment out of our everyday lives - no children, no husbands, no stress. And cocktails! Lots of cocktails!


A very self-indulgent return post, but at least I've made a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment